After a number of years of service to the National Team as Head Coach, Lars Carlsen has decided to step down as the head coach. DAFF are therefore looking to recruit a new Head Coach to build on the success of National Team program.
The mens national team consistently perform at a high level and have since 2013 been amongst the top 6 teams in Europe. The main aim therefore is that the team maintains its current level and working toward of being able to compete for medals at future European Championships.
The mens team compete in IFAF’s European Championship Program, where there is biannual qualification to the European championships, with both home and away games, in alternate years teams compete for European rankings in two games.
The Head Coach in collaboration with DAFF will be responsible for:
- Planning of national team activities, here amongst try-outs, camps, tournaments, etc.
- Putting together the coaching staff
- Economic responsibility
- Continuing a desirable culture in and around the national team.
In addition to the above responsibilities the Head Coach will be responsible for:
- Administrative tasks connected to the national team
- Creating training plans
- Leading practice sessions
- Developing playbooks
- Developing gameplans
- Leading staff and the team through games
- Communication with staff, players, fans and other stakeholders
DAFF are looking for a Head Coach that:
- Is a leader who can carry the team culture forward
- Can build on a well-functioning and experienced team
- Can create results and lead the team to the top
- Can develop players with an eye for future results
- Is an excellent communicator both internally and externally
- Is an experienced administrator with insight into economic planning and budgeting
- Has head coach experience senior level
- Has head coach experience 11 player football
- Has experience leading an extensive coaching team.
Has complete DAFF level 2 coach education or equivalent
DAFF can offer the
- Opportunity to work with serious and dedicated athletes
- Opportunity to be part of a well-run and serious organization
- Opportunity to lead in the development of the sport in Denmark
- As with all other positions connect to the national team the position is unpaid, although all costs incurred by the role will be reimbursed.
The Head Coach refers directly to DAFFs CEO.
Due to the wish that DAFF requires stability within the role of Head Coach, and that the team is in the middle of a 2-year cycle. The ideal candidate can commit to being coach until at least the end of the 2025 season.
Applications for the roll must be sent via e-mail to DAFF firstname.lastname@example.org by the 2. December 2022. Interviews will take place a in week 50 at Idrættens Hus, Brøndby Stadion 20, 2605 Brøndby.
Your application must contain your CV, information regarding your football background, how your vison for the team as Head Coach, as well as how staffing structure and general set-up could be.
If you have questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact DAFFs Development Consultant Kasper Bolmgren by telephone 22 18 33 55 or CEO Lars Carlsen 22 75 56 84.